Mommy and Daddy and People,
Yes I remember that poem! And yes I have received some letters, thank you! Yes, the Come, Follow Me Program is an amazing and inspired resource that every family should be using. I testify that it is inspired of God, and that by using it you can grow spiritually as individuals, and as a Family. We had an area wide "stake conference" here this week President Holland spoke to us. The Area Plan in the Philippines is "Obey, Covenant, and Establish" and he talked about obeying. He said that for him, of all the things Jesus Christ said, His most important words were, "nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done". Elder Holland said that even though the Savior "did not necessarily ,not want to, but most certainly preferred not to" he did the Fathers will in all things. He ultimately subjected himself to the most humiliating circumstances that he had could have had complete control over, none of what he went through was he powerless to stop, he did it willingly and he did it for us. I thought about this. There's so much I could say about this but I'll just try one. Nana was an exceptional example of willingly submitting to the will of the Father. She was, like the Savior, composed and graceful even a terribly humiliating, horrible disease slowly drained her life. She, like the Savior, comforted those around her even when it was she that was suffering immensely. And, I think, She, like the Savior, understood, even while her children and husband did not, the reason for her suffering and disease. She is an exceptional example of love for the Savior, and glorifying him. We should be more like her. We should always be striving to be kind, and obedient, and meek, and submissive, like her, and like our Savior. I testify that there is a kingdom for those like Nana. The Savior, Jesus Christ, and our Heavenly Father, live there. We can live there as well if we stay on the Covenant Path. I love this Gospel, and I love this work.
Love,
Elder Chan
No comments:
Post a Comment