Saturday, September 15, 2018

September 14, 2018 - Kamusta!

I hardly had time to breathe when I was dropped off at 12:30 Wednesday. I dropped off my bags in my room and went directly to my classroom. My teacher is Sister Snow and she's nindot! She didn't waste anytime getting right to the language, I didn't hear English from her for the first 15 minutes of class. I met my companion, Elder Bennet, he's nindot as well. My district consists of 2 sets of sisters and 4 sets of Elders. We were in class for a few hours before a quick meeting with all the new missionaries and then dinner from 4:15-5:00. After dinner we had a People and Your Purpose workshop for an hour and then we met our Zone Leaders. I don't remember their names. We have the biggest zone in the MTC, 4 districts and something like 70 missionaries. End Day 1.


Day 2 was closer to a normal schedule. Wake up at 6:30, breakfast and stuff until language study in our classroom at 8:30. Half our district didn't show up, that was kind of funny. Then another People and Your Purpose thing, which was cool. We talked about the importance of knowing and understanding the people we teach. How to do so perfectly with the help of Christ. Lunch. Classroom. And dinner at 5:15. We met our Branch Presidency last night. They went over the MTC rules and missionary conduct and assigned a district leader. Elder Ogden is our district leader, he's nindot!


We went to the temple this morning. And now I think we're going to go workout.


I know that this is the Lords work. It's an important work that we should all be involved in. Scripture power is real, I've felt the strength that it brings into my life and testify that it can bring it into yours as well. I love you all! I'll try and write more next time I just really suck at typing. This took me like 25 minutes to get done.


Love,
Elder Chan















1 comment:

  1. Nice to see that they’ve added some color to those MTC walls. Looks like he’s having fun!

    ReplyDelete