Friday, September 21, 2018

September 21, 2018 - Holiness to the Lord

Hello Everyone,

It's hard to remember life outside of the MTC. I find myself struggling to remember if there was a life before this. I'm only kind of kidding.  There's so much to process here it takes me about an hour to fall asleep each night, all I have is Cebuano drifting through my head. Not to say that I'm not having the absolute time of my life! Being able to dedicate myself to just one sole purpose, especially one as amazing as the Gathering of Israel, is so incredibly fulfilling. I can feel the Lords hand in everything I do here.  The Cebuano language isn't to difficult to be honest, but the expectations are kind of impossible. If you take into account that most all of us are only 18-19 year old teenagers, and most haven't been away from home for longer than a week, the statistics are staggering. Last Thursday we picked up our language materials. Part of the package was a small book called The Basic Core, comprising about four hundred plus Cebuano words and 50 plus phrases. We were told to memorize all of it in ten days. Tomorrow marks that tenth day.  We've studied almost every hour we've been awake. In line for dinner, while eating dinner, in our residence, walking to class, in the bathroom, all of that probably adds up to less than 50 hours including time in class.  We did it.  I'm not telling you this with pride,  Though I may be pretty smart, I'm not that smart. My point is that the Lord, our Savior, Jesus Christ, is at the forefront of his work.  He is leading the charge. Leading us forward to the four quarters of the earth. 

Moses 7:62 "...and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem."

I testify of these things. I know that our Savior lives, he loves all his children, and he his preparing their hearts to receive the glory of his gospel. Don't be a afraid to share his glorious and joyful message to all, angels will be with you.

Love, 

Elder Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment