Hi Elder Chan-I hope you are having a relaxing p-day.Yes, as relaxing as p-days can be I guess. The AP's took us out to dinner to a place called "burrow". 199php for unlimited wings and rice. I also hope you're having a great experience in the mission field! Of course!Are you getting a lot of emails from everyone? Yes You can just respond to my emails but cutting and pasting my questions and just answering yes/no. OkHow is lapu lapu? AWESOME, the area I'm in is pretty poor, it smells like sewage a lot of places, but it's so awesome! You must be having quite the experience. Yes I'm glad we got to go on that trip to China together. So am I. It's helped a lot actually. One thing thats been interesting is seeing the contrast between Chinese sewage and Philippines, I remember neat little lines on either side of the walk in China, here they just seem to run it wherever is easiest. That could have been just that certain part of China though.Things are probably not as shocking because you've seen some of it before. What's the weather/humidity like? Worse than NY? Yes. I wake up pretty sweaty but I'm definitely able to sleep. It's pretty amazing. Do you sleep with a mosquito net? I'm starting tonight.Is your ward large in the Lapu Lapu 3rd ward? Yes, but we have a lot of inactive members right now, that's what most of our work is. How is your bishop? He's great! His name is Bishop Michael (I forgot his last name) Is it just your companionship in the ward? No, our roommates the zone leaders split the area with us. (I'm suspicious that they gave us the smellier part) We are sharing our elder's with Park Hills ward still. They are really focused and good elders. Good! I was really thinking about that this week, I'm glad they're doing good. They need help though! I never knew how much we really rely on the members. We rely on you to fellowship and keep people coming to church and building their faith. That's why ministering is so awesome! Anyway, hope you're eating well, not getting bit too much and loving the work (most of the time). Remember, you have to have lows to appreciate the highs. Enjoy being there, have fun and smile!Love you much-Dad(In your reply settings, there should be an option to include the previous email. You can reply and just type in your answers with a different color. I can use your answers to compose a longer email to send to everyone else. If that helps...)
Thank you for being such awesome parents! I'm doing great here!
Love,
Elder Chan
A picture from the Manilla, Philippines MTC posted on the mission webpage.

No comments:
Post a Comment